Friday, July 21, 2023

The Nap Could Only be a Short One - Friday, 21 July

After unpacking, I had to put my feet up for a while to reduce the swelling.  Then it could be only a short nap 'cause one must adapt to the new time zone ASAP, and besides I had dinner reservations at 7:00 at a new Middle Eastern resto that just gained its first Michelin star.  I don't normally "eat fancy" the night I arrive because my digestive system can be a bit jetlagged, but I accidentally made this reservation for the wrong night and decided to keep it.  More about that later....

After my nap I headed across the street to Au Bourguignon du Marais for a light lunch of gazpacho, Pinot Gris and café.  The gazpacho was very tasty, slightly chunky, had a good healthy portion of onion and garlic, had a nice kick, and contained some crunchy croutons, ribbons of basil, and cubes of terrific salty feta.  A nice refreshing waker-upper!







No comments: