Monday, May 27, 2024

Sadly, Too Few Ups and Downs :-( - Monday, 27 May

I had lunch booked today for Restaurant Akrame, a new Michelin 1-star in the 8th.  The owner/chef Akrame Benallal called me in the morning to confirm, ask about my seating preferences, whether I had any allergies or dislikes, etc.  Nice!  The place/menu looked very interesting, so of course I was pretty excited to try it.

I reserved a taxi for noon, but when I went to leave, the elevator was frozen again.  Rats!  I WhatsApp’d the apartment’s concierge right away, and she called the elevator service company.  Happily, it was repaired by 3:00, but that was too late to make lunch at Akrame (I didn’t want to risk my treacherous staircase, so I was effectively locked in).  Bummer.  Hopefully I can eat there on a future trip.

Akrame - 7, rue Tronchet in the 8th arrondissement - it's less than a block from the back door of the Madeleine   https://www.akrame.com/


No comments: