Wednesday, June 5, 2024

Kind Parisians and Head-Scratching Art - Wednesday, 5 June

I ordered a G7 taxi for my trip to Accents Table Bourse today (all about that lunch in my next post!).  Normally, the driver can stop right in front of my apartment, but today he called to say that he couldn't get through because of an accident and stoppage on rue de Rivoli, so he was waiting on the corner of Rivoli and rue du Pont Louis-Philippe, just under a block away.  I said I'd be there in a couple of minutes.  He saw me hobbling along and quickly jumped out of his cab to cross rue de Rivoli and help me across the street and into the cab.  If you think Parisians are rude, talk to me!  (And, BTW, G7 is a terrific service https://www.g7.fr/en/ ).

On the way to the resto, I saw this strange sculpture/installation outside the Bourse de Commerce (the former grain exchange, the big round building on rue du Louvre at Les Halles, now the Pinault Collection of modern art).  Boulders in a tree.  Hmmm.  Need to think about this for a bit!

Here's a short blurb about the Pinault from the current issue of a free magazine offered at the airport!  (Note that you can click on any photo in this blog to see a bigger image.)

No comments: